MarketingProfs recently released this infographic to help members of management determine their leadership style. Answer these short questions, and discover your leadership style. Then check back over the next six weeks as we discover the strengths and weakness of each leadership style and how Toastmasters can help you share your strengths and empower your weaknesses as a leader.
Make sure to save space on your calendar for these upcoming District 77 Events.
- Emerging Districts Leaders Webinar Training: December 10, 2016
- Distinguished by December Campaign End Date: December 31, 2016
- Competent Communication End Date: December 31,2016
- Competitive Speech & Evaluation Workshop: January 14, 2017
- Toastmaster Leadership Institute Training (TLI) Division B: January 21, 2017
- Toastmaster Leadership Institute Training (TLI) Division E: January 28, 2017
- Toastmaster Leadership Institute Training (TLI) Division A: February 4, 2017
- Talk Up Toasmtasters Membership Campaign: February 1 - March 31
- District 77 Spring Conference: May 5-6, 2017
- Beat the Clock Membership Campaign: May 1 - June 30
- 86th Annual Toastmasters International Convention: August 23-26, 2017
Contact a District Officer with any questions, and check back soon for more information.
I want to take a moment to thank each and every member that took the time to visit Montgomery, Alabama, and join us for Toastmasters District 77 Fall Conference, The Spotlight Is On You. Thank you for taking advantage of everything we had to offer, discovering better ways to spotlight the skills and abilities you’ve developed as a Toastmaster, and embracing this occasions to be inspired by fellow Toastmasters and communicators.
Speaking of the Spotlight, many thanks to our special guest and keynote speaker, International Director Matt Kinsey, who encouraged us to own up to our mistakes, follow the platinum rule, and to lead with a purpose. Toastmasters Kinsey came to us all the way from Coral Springs, Florida, and is an accomplished speaker, leader, and businessman.
I would also like to Spotlight our fantastic 2016 Fall Conference Planning Committee. I would name names, but I am afraid I would forget someone. But, thank you to the many Toastmasters who spent countless hours planning the small details, participating in conference calls, and creating a fantastic program. It is because of members like you that our conferences are a success.
I want to encourage you to make plans to attend the Spring Conference, May 5-6, 2017, at The Westin in Huntsville, Alabama. Monica Tucker, the Spring Conference chair, is already working hard to develop a great program.
There’s one more spotlight I need to shine before my duties as Fall Conference Coordinator end. Each of the 1,304 Toastmasters in District 77 is a huge part of this organization, and the speech coaching, leadership skills training, and other professional development Toastmasters provides would not be possible without your support.
Division A Humorous Speech Contest and Table Topics Speech Contest
When: September 26, 2016, 6:00 pm
Where: Faulkner University, Room 110 (420 Wynn Drive, Huntsville, AL)
Come out and support our speech contestants in these two speech contests!
Page 1 of 3